Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Auburn Fire truck #500

Today on Fire Engine and Emergency Vehicle Friday we continue our look at Auburn's really cool line of rubber and vinyl vehicles. Today - the  #500 Fire Truck. This represents an older version pumper apparatus which had a 'modern' engine, cab, and frame, with an old fashioned steam boiler on the rear deck. I don't know exactly what prototype engine this toy was modeled after so if any of you can shed some light on the subject feel free to let us know. 

I remember having Auburn as a kid including this nifty little truck. These toys could take a lot of abuse and I remember them with fondness. I also had some of Auburn little green army men offerings; tanks, trucks, etc. and can tell you they did in fact undergo a LOT of abuse. :-) My example shows how beat-up these little things could get, BUT they took a lickin' and kept on tickin'! (OK, how many of you remember where that phrase originated from?). Hope ya like. Enjoy!