Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

McDonald's 1993 Flintstone's In-Store Display

Today we put  the cap on McDonald's Happy Meal tie-ins to 'The Flintstones' movie with this nifty  in-store display. It's a 3-D, heavy cardstock display utilizing all five buildings and cars. The display ships flat and each toy is in its normal plastic retail packaging. I used to have a mint example still in the original shipping box but I think I sold it some years back opting to keep the used one as it was actually used in a store.

The display is a little tricky to put together and I can fully imagine some poor fumble-fingered manager trying to assemble this, ultimately giving up and calling for one of the more nimble younger employees to help! LOL  The toys originally were held in place by double-face foam tape. On my example I can tell where the tape was, but for photography purpose everything is sitting loose on the display. The display measures 20 1/4"  (51.4cm) W x 6 3/4 (17.1cm) D x 18 5/8" (47.3cm) H. Enjoy!




Sans toys