Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Japan -Unk Mfr - Tin--Litho Military Police Jeep

Here's a toy I picked up some years back to go with my 54mm little green Army men. As it turns out, it's a wee bit large for them but the Jeep looks right at home next to some of the helicopters I have so everything is okie  dokie. In the back deck there is a simulated radio set which I thought was a nice touch. The design of the front seat makes it very difficult to place a sitting figure on it. The Jeep is only stamped 'Japan' so I have no idea who actually manufactured it. I have another one just like it decorated for the Air Force and both of them are missing the spare tire in the back -  perhaps the result of someone needing a tire to complete another Jeep? It measures 4 1/4" (10.8cm) L x 1 7/8" (4.8cm) W x 2.5" (6.4cm) H. Enjoy!