Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Post Cereal Flintstones Premium1987 Fred - Red

Ya know, I wasn't gonna start another Flintstones series quite yet, but then I remembered this series of photos taken a little while back (I take so many photos sometimes I forget what I've already done!). When I realized I had all but one in the series it just seemed like a no-brainer to go ahead and start the posts anyway.
From 1987 to 1992 Post Cereals - specifically Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles - offered a series of Flintstones related figures in a variety of colors in a solid, soft vinyl plastic. These were available inside the cereal boxes vs. somethinng one had to send for. Some of them were  actual character figures like Fred and Barney, while others were imaginative and fun dinosaur caricatures - cartoons in plastic as it were. The first year the figures were fully rounded and formed but later issues were basically 'flats' - that is, when viewwed from the side they had a flat cross section. I don't believe this series ever had a Wilma or Betty figure as I don't recall ever seeing them, but in any case the series is still pretty neat so let's get started. Enjoy!



.