Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Vintage Cardboard 2-Story House with Wall

Toy-wise, we're going to end the year with another series of vintage houses. The seller listed these as 1940s Built-Rite buildings and while I have no doubts they're from the 1940s I'm not convinced they're Built-Rite. There are no makers marks anywhere on the buildings and the cardboard is way to thin - highly untypical of Built-Rite's heavier stock. I'm including the brick wall in this post. The house measures 3 3/4" (9.5cm) W x 2 1/2" (6.4cm) D x 3 7/8" (98.cm) H .  The wall measures a total of 6 1/4" (15.9cm)  long but that includes a portion on each end which is meant to bent back allowing it to stand. It is 1 3/8" (6cm) H. Enjoy!

(I love these 'Auto Awesome' enhancements in Google's Picassa web albums)

My Wife Bettina Loves This House  :)



















5 comments:

  1. Thank You for this template,it looks easy but very nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! The old style graphics are nice aren't they? We hope you're able to build it successfully.

      Delete
  2. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it! Vintage Oaks Custom Home Builder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When this was posted back in 2013 all I had was a few loose buildings that all appeared to be from the same set as none of them are marked as to manufacturer. Since then I did acquire a boxed set. That being said, I would now have to dig it out and re-do the entire series which I'm afraid is a project for another day.

      Delete