Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Civil War Diorama Photos

I think somewhere along the line I posted that this year was the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. If I did then that was a BIG booboo! The Sesquicentennial (150 years) of Gettysburg was last year!! However, that being said, the Civil War was fought from 1861 to 1865 and Sesquicentennial celebrations of one sort or another have been going on for several years now and will continue on until next year. I am glad though that this diorama was finished in time for this years' Gettysburg anniversary and so for the next few days we're gonna post some pics taken with a few of my favorite Civil War toys. Hopefully I'll be able to do some more photo set-ups with the various toys featured so far here on Toys and Stuff so  with that in mind: Bettina & Fritz Berg :) Enjoy :)

Here's the Classic Toys Soldiers 6-horse limber, caisson, and cannon. This is one of my favorite ACW accessories and at 22" long is one of the biggest which this photo shows to good advantage (taking that turn in the road to cross the bridge is goin' to be problematic!!)

A nicer shot

Here, Forces of Valor troops square off against each other. 
Yeah, I know, it could use more trees and such. I'll have to dig through the scenery boxes and see what I've got.










No comments:

Post a Comment