Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Japan, Unknown Manufacturer: USAF Mini-Transport Jet - Camouflage

Here's a piece from my mini-fleet of USAF planes, a nice little transport plane in brown camouflage pattern. From my eBay and Web wanderings there doesn't appear to have been a wide array of these miniature tin-litho w/friction motor planes made back in the day. They were nice and more than likely sold as bin toys but I really haven't seen all that many in this size range. The plane measures 4" (10.2cm) L x 4 1/8" (10.5cm) wingspan x 1 3/4" (4.4cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


















4 comments:

  1. Cool find, Ed. Had many toys with those friction motors, but never saw this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Paul! I used to have a bunch of friction motored toys but also don't remember if this was one of them. They are neat!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! Reminds me of the toys you'd see in airport gift shops when I was young. I had quite a few friction drive planes and helicopters back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't fly until my mid-twenties and by then I wasn't into toys LOL HOWEVER, we did go a lot to F.W. Woolworth's and W.T. Grant's five-&-dimes and they always had lots of cool bin toys!

      Ed

      Delete