Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Marx Unknown Set#: Pt 1 Ranch House

Good grief, in just a few hours 2014 will be over. I swear Jan 1st of 2014 was just a few weeks ago, man how time flies! The hectic post-Christmas haze is nearly over and we couldn't end the year without at least another vintage paper post!

From January 2011 to September 2012 Toys and Stuff featured the Marx #151 34 pc RAILROAD and VILLAGE CONSTRUCTION SET and just a few weeks ago I managed to pick up several more buildings made from the same stampings but with different graphics so I might as well post them. The first building is the very mid-century modern Ranch House which measures 7 5/8" (19.4cm) L x 3 1/8" (7.9cm) D x 2 1/2" (6.4cm) H. What I like about this version of the house is all the action. Check out the house we originally posted:

 

Now look at today's subject - there's people tending to the lawn, a barbecue goin' on - there's life! The graphics date this to late-'50s - early-'60s. 
(Note that for these photos I had to borrow the roof from my earlier version as this one didn't come with one) 



















No comments:

Post a Comment