Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

MPC Main Battle Tank

MPC made some of my favorite toys as a kid and although I've been collecting them off-&-on for awhile I've actually posted very little - except for the American Civil War toys. I think maybe it's time to start posting a few of these things. The Main Battle Tank shown here came as a part of a set which included the tank, a self-propelled gun, Jeep, bridge, and a bunch of soldiers which came out in the mid-'60s. Right now I don't remember the name of the set but it was cool! :-) The soft plastic tanks have non-working treads but do have a set of wheels underneath which allow it to roll on the ground. The turrets rotate but the guns do not elevate and the gun barrels are made of silver painted wood. These couldn't take a heck of a lot of abuse but they've stood the test of time well enough that they're regularly available. It measures 8" (20.3cm) L x 3 3/4"  (9.5cm) W x 4" (10.2cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina
























Collecting is fun but sometimes ya just gotta play LOL




3 comments:

  1. Great tank. I love the outdoor photo. Check out the T92 light tank. It seems our MPC friend has a big brother. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T92_Light_Tank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, they do look similar huh? A lot of toys were so generic it gets hard to find the inspiration for them. It does look a little like an M-41 Walker Bulldog though.

      Delete
  2. I agree thats a t-92. All these years I thought it was an AMX 13. Nice to know what it really is. These things are available at this date by Hobby Bunker and others as recast. They are 1/32nd scale and I have restocked my collection that I used to have when I was a wee lad.
    Carolus Florus

    ReplyDelete