Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Train Time - WWII Pennsylvania RR Ad

It's been some time since we've had a 'Train Time' post on Thursday even though the Marxville Plastic Accessories series usually appear on Thursday's. Today we have a treat in that it's the first post of a large format ad made with our new scanner.

A couple of months ago I broke down and bought an Epson WorkForce WF7610 large format printer/scanner/copier and after using it the past few weeks am I glad I got this. This was something I've wanted to do for many years because we've got so many large photos, paper building templates, ads, posters,and souvenirs to scan that won't fit on the typical dinky little desktop scanner. The picture you see below was from a large format magazine popular back in the day (although I don't know which one as it's not marked and the seller didn't know either) and measures about 10" (25.4cm) x 14" (35.6cm) - way too big for a normal scanner. I may not use the printer function too much unless I can find cardstock large enough for it so that I can print out scans of paper buildings. Most paper available for large format printers is your basic thin office paper. Anywho - Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma bettina


No comments:

Post a Comment