Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Karlsberg Bier Deckel (Coaster)

One weekend sometime back in the '80 Bettina, the kids, and I took a ride to Grenzau and stopped at a small Gasttätte (bar/tavern) for refreshments. Grenzau is pretty cool and we were at the base of the hill upon which stands Europe's (or at least Germany's) only triangular castle tower. We never did go up that hill to play tourist and wander around the tower grounds but the fachwerkhäuser (half-timbered buildings) that surrounded us, to include the Gasttätte, were great. While in the bar I asked the hostess if I could have a couple of bier deckels/coasters and she yes and left for a few minutes. She returned with a whole unopened package! Cool! It was only until a couple of weeks ago when I pulled a coaster out of the pack to scan it did I really take notice of the picture! Anywho, Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina




No comments:

Post a Comment