Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Idea File: Schatz Brewery

Fortunately not all of my files were lost when the external hard drive went kaput. A whole bunch of old photos and files were on another much smaller external drive so I'm gonna use what I can. 

Waaaay back in the day when I was into HO scale model railroading I really wanted to model a brewery. Even though we're not big beer drinkers, breweries are fascinating industries and after a few tours (Miller, Pabst, Coors) I became enamored of them. Also, having lived not far from Miller brewery in Milwaukee I can remember those days when the wind was just right and the sweet aroma of roasting hops would waft over the neighborhood (trust me, it was a much nicer experience than smelling the yeast From the Red Star Yeast factory nearby!!). Anywho, I drew up this sketch of my proposed brewery project, gave it a name and promptly put it in my file folder with the rest of the unrealized projects. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


No comments:

Post a Comment