Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Japan - 'Plaything' Northwest Airlines Airport Service Car (Bus)

Well, it happened again. I see something on eBay, take a quick look at the photos and think to myself, "Hmmm, everything seems okay, a nice small bus to go on my future train layout. Missing the hubcaps but  the litho looks good." Put in my bid, get it for a decent (aka - cheap) price. Wait for it, and.... what's this? Why is this box so big? Open everything up and "Oh, for crying out loud! - this thing is huge!" Yup I was totally expecting a small bus. The photo in eBay made it appear small and I didn't read the description - AGAIN! hahahaha. Oh well. This is in fact a really nice piece and goes with my other airline and airport collectibles so okay, I got me a vintage tin-litho bus at a good price - no complaints , really :-) Like so may vintage cars, trucks, and buses, the hubcaps are missing but as I said the lithography and body are still in good shape.

The bus is marked 'Plaything' ??? huh ??? Never heard of that company before. It is in the style of the iconic Greyhound Scenicruiser and is lettered as an "Air Port Service Car" (shuttle bus) and measures 9 3/4" (24.76cm) L x 3 1/8" (7.93cm) H & W. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina





















No comments:

Post a Comment