Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Renwal No.166 Navy Panther Jet - Red SP

As a general rule I don't collect any aircraft other than U.S. Air Force planes or Army helicopters but you know what it's like when you buy a toys in a 'lot' just to get one item thus ending up with things you wouldn't normally buy. This Navy jet from Renwal is a good example of ending up with a toy I normally wouldn't buy. It's a cool jet and all and it's based on a real life plane (unlike so many toys of the era) and it displays quite well but really, there's more than enough USAF planes and Army helicopters to focus on. We posted a similar jet in light blue way back on Jan 12, 2012. The jet measures 5" (12.7cm) L x 4 3/4" (12.06cm) wingspan x 1 1/4" (3.17cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

One of the guys in one of the on-line groups I belong to said recently that, when photographing these toys in solid primary colors, to place them on felt of a complimentary color. I'd need to check a color wheel to find the complimentary colors for let's say, red, green, yellow, etc and then buy some material like felt. He claims the details will 'pop' by doing that and I won't get that annoying bluish 'haze' in the photos caused by the inability of digital cameras to see white backgrounds as truly white, because, trust me, when I'm photographing this stuff I DO NOT see blue. My eyes see a nice white background.




































No comments:

Post a Comment