Pages

Friday, November 11, 2016

Japan - SSS (Shioji) Tin-litho Army Staff Car

Today is Veteran's Day here in the States and while I haven't prepared a post specially for the occasion I guess I've been honoring Vets for the past couple of months with all the Army vehicles appearing here. I know, I know, the Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard got left out but hey, I can only do so much at a time. There's still a lot of toys in The Cave that need to be covered. 

Okay, this is the latest small Army vehicle acquisition to the motor pool, a nice little tin-litho staff car that I believe was made by SSS (Shioji) of Japan. I had already posted two trucks and an ambulance that all appeared to be from the same line that I originally thought were '50s and '60s era toys. I've had to re-think that in light of some more info that came my way. It appears that SSS of Japan made a large tin-litho auto carrier in the '70s and on that carrier were these vehicles (among others). That being said, if anyone knows for sure who made these let us know. It measures 3 1/2" (8.89cm) L x 1 1/2" (3.81cm) W 1 1/4" (3.17cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


















Here's all the small tin-litho vehicles recently blogged and credited as perhaps Cragstan. Now I'm thinkin' they may be SSS/Shioji



No comments:

Post a Comment