Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

China - Playmaker Toys Plastic F-35 Lightning II and U.S. Air Force 70th Birthday

Today marks the 70th Anniversary of the United States Air Force, when on this date in 1947, President Harry Truman signed the National Security Act making the Air Force a separate and equal partner to the Army and Navy. 

I had intended to do a series of toy airplane posts over the course of several months but - as long time readers will attest - I got distracted by other things LOL  Oh well, I'm not a terribly celebratory person to begin with so this post will do just fine. Wanting to showcase the latest hardware in the Air Force inventory a quick post on the latest fighter jet, the F-35 Lightning II was a natural (due to time constraints however the usual quickie history lesson on the jet will be skipped). As usual, I tried to find a more toy-like representation of the jet vs. shelling out the money for one of the more highly detailed (and expensive) diecast versions. This plastic F-35 from Playmaker Toys with light and sound fit the bill nicely. It measures 7 1/2" (19.05cm) L x 5" (12.7cm)  wingspan x 2" (5.08cm) H, has a pull-back friction motor and lights and sound as seen in the short video. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

A couple of F-35s flying over the house
Photo by Bettina Berg































2 comments:

  1. I wish you lived nearby Ed! I'd ask you to photograph my toys too! Even this simple jet toy looks stunning in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Woodsy - I think it would be great to live in Jolly Old (trust me, you wouldn't like Vegas) we could combine forces! bwahaha :-)

      Delete