Pages

Monday, September 11, 2017

'SS' - China 1/43 Scale Diecast Oltimer - SS-4708-10 (Number 2) Roadster w/Top Up

This is the second of two roadsters in the set marked 'SS-4708-10" and it has the convertible top in the raised position. Of all the cars & trucks in the set this one has fared the worse in storage. The body is loose and the doors will fall off with the least provocation and it is almost ready for the scrapyard - still, I think it can hang out around here a bit longer :-) It measures 4 3/4" (12.06cm) L x 1 3/4" (4.44cm) W x 1 5/8" (4.12cm) H. This one also retained the original price sticker of $2.50. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina 





















2 comments:

  1. Hello, sorry for question. Which car is It? I have the same and I don't know nothing about It. Greetings from Argentina. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were made by SunnySide in China. The toy car shown in the photos dates from the mid-1990's, I used it on one of my old toy train layouts and SunnySide was still making these into the early 2000s. I believe it was made to represent a Mercedes but I'm not sure which model. SunnySide's item number was #312 and they made this 'top up' version as well as a 'top down'. Hope that helps.

      Delete