Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Forces of Valor (FOV) / Unimax FOV #99001 54mm 1st Lt Johnson 2005

Ya know, sometimes collector's (aka 'me')  do bonehead things. Back in 2005 I was kind of on the downhill slide of buying 54mm armor, planes, and figures. After buying this five figure Forces of Valor series representative of the U.S. 101st Airborne Division, I put them aside where they lay for the next 10 or so years. Thinking I wouldn't have any interest in them they got sold off in 2016-2017. They didn't cost a whole lot to begin with - perhaps $6-$8 retail (I don't remember now) - and I din't get a whole lot for them so when I found myself re-energized with interest for these figures, buying them back fortunately didn't set me back a whole lot.

We've covered other Forces of Valor 54mm figures before on the blog and these are probably the crème de la crème of the lot. The figures are cast metal while their bases are plastic. Detailing is spot-on and everything - including their faces - are weathered realistically. After photographing these beauties I now have to figure out a way to display them. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina























No comments:

Post a Comment